Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Neighborhood "Water Park"

Yesterday when we went to the store to buy a small swimming pool and a slip and slide, I really wasn't thinking at the time that it would become our neighborhood "water Park", but as you can see we had kids a plenty in our back yard. The boys had a great time with the "guys in the hood" and are eagerly awaiting the next time we bring the slip and slide out. We will have to wait a couple of days however, because of the way our yard slopes and pools at the bottom, we need to let the water seep into the ground before we fill the "pool" again. With all of this testosterone literally running through my backyard, it really was a blessing that there were no injuries. I will say that it was truly fascinating to observe the interaction of so many boys at one time. Sometimes I think that my boys only deal with or behave in certain ways and well, ya they are not the only ones!! :-)
It took oh, roughly 20 minutes and they had popped the end of the slip and slide. I am sure that is not a record!

Here comes Kevin "surfing it up!" Like I said, it is amazing there were no injuries! :-)


This is Brandon and one of his new buddies Ryan hanging in the pool away from the big guys. These guys are going to sleep so good tonight!!

3 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

Don't you love that? How fun!

Michelle Colt said...

How fun! I don't know about you, but I like when the kids like to come to my house. I get to know all the kids and I know whats going on. It looks like a blast.

Heatherlyn said...

Did I already tell you our blog's new URL?

It is

http://plantingseedsofhappiness.blogspot.com