Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kevin's Latest Experiments

Oh, my Kevin, my Kevin!
A couple of days ago, I came downstairs and saw Kevin out on our back patio with my baking soda, vinegar, red wine vinegar and our coffee creamer of all things. He was mixing them up in a 2 liter soda bottle that he has kept now for months for just these occasions. When I asked him what he was doing, he looked at me and very matter of factly said, "I am trying to blow up this balloon." Like hello Mom, can't you tell? He worked at it for a little while and me totally not thinking that it was going to work for him, was preparing in my mind the talk that we were going to have about "not giving up and that we need to keep trying, and hey I will even help you look up on the Internet maybe some recipes that would help you blow up that balloon." Well much to my surprise HE BLEW UP THE BALLOON and ironically he was not shocked at all!!
Than as if that weren't enough, he than attempted to make "play dough" using half of my container of flour and who knows what else. This one did not turn out quite like he wanted it to, but he was very pleased with the green pancake that he had created!! I can't say that I ever dreamed that my kitchen one day would be turned into a chemistry lab!! :-) (See the pic's in the slideshow below)

1 comment: