Sunday, May 3, 2009

Crazy Hair night at AWANA

The Boys had a great time at AWANA on the 14th. It was their "Crazy Hair night" and it is funny because at first all three of them were not so sure that they wanted to do anything with their hair. Because I have all boys, I don't really make it a habit to look for, let a lone buy "crazy Hair colors" for just these occasions. So, I went to good old Walmart to see what they had to offer. I was looking for pretty much any color other than pink because I think that would have just been too much for them. :-) Well, Fuscia was all that they had. So we had to improvise. I let them pick some colored WASHABLE markers and I got to coloring. I was actually quite impressed with the way that it turned out! My only concern was, if they ran around a lot (which they do at AWANA), I was afraid that it would run down their sweaty foreheads. It ended up working great! No streaks down their faces or anything and they got many compliments as well. Brandon decided that blue and purple would work great for him which actually went quite well with the tie died shirt that he had on. :-)

Kevin's is a little harder to see in these pics, but it actually looked pretty cool. He chose green (his favorite color) and yellow which made it so his hair was not as bright as Brandon's, but still looked good.




Logan was the easiest I think with the classic spike/ bed head look. He was my most nervous, because he doesn't really like a lot of attention drawn to him, but I think he ended up liking it the most! He even spiked his own hair the next day! :-)

AWANA has been great for my kids to attend because they not only stress the importance of serving the LORD, but they really show the kids that you can have fun while you are serving Him! This was just one of the many ways that they demonstrated that.

1 comment:

Heatherlyn said...

I think I like Logan's the best!

My girls want to know when they can play with your boys!