Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Evelyn's Challenge!

There is a young family that goes to our church that I personally don't know very well, but has greatly impacted my life. You see, just 12 days after giving birth to their beautiful baby girl Evelyn, she went home to be with the Lord. Evelyn was born with heart issues that could not be corrected, and so her parents were very much so in need of a miracle from God if she was to go on living. God chose to bring her home, just days after giving her life, and to some that might seem like Evelyn's parents never received the miracle that they had been praying for. I learned about Evelyn's condition because while her parents were on their way home from California where Evelyn had been born, a friend of mine called me because she was putting together a basket for Evelyn's parents so that they would have what they needed in traveling back and forth to the hospital and to help cover some of their expenses that were to come. I got to know Chris and Steph through a Blog that they put together for everyone who wanted to go through this experience with them and their little girl. All I can say is Wow! This sweet little girl has been more of an impact on this world in her short 12 days of life through her parents faith, than most people are in their entire lifetime! I am in Awe and completely humbled by this young couples walk of complete trust and faith in Jesus as they allow Him to carry them through such a difficult time. As a Christian now for several years I have quoted the verses of God's grace, His Mercy and His unfailing love for all those who put their trust in Him, but I have not yet had the opportunity to really take Him up on His Word by walking with His through a "Fire" such as this.

For a Christian, this is really where the rubber meets the road, and this is where Evelyn's challenge comes in. Another friend of mine posted this challenge on her blog and I would like to accept this challenge...to live an authentic christian life, fully devoted to our LORD and the plan that He has for me with the attitude that really, truly, no matter what happens I will put my trust in Him! Chris and Steph have been an amazing example of this and it has left me with knowing that God miracles do not always come in the form that we can see such as physical healing or immediate change in circumstance. They come in every heart that is impacted and changed as they watch us walk through our circumstance with our eyes totally fixed on HIM.

No, God did not heal baby Evelyn's heart, but I know that He is healing many hearts because of her! Thank you Chris and Steph for you sharing your story, your faith and for your beautiful baby girl that I am looking forward to meeting one day in Heaven!

If you would like to read (and I strongly encourage you to do so! :-)) all about baby Evelyn you can visit their blog at http://wholehearted4life.blogspot.com and to read Evelyn's Challenge go to http://mrmrsrogersneighborhood.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

Soren Kierkegaard said that as soon as you say you are Christian, you are not Christian, because Christianity is not in the talking about it but in the doing of it. Your post reminded me of that.

Rogers Family said...

This is great! It's such an amazing story...I've really thought a lot lately about how I view having faith-and having a good attitude when God doesn't answer the exact way I want!