stuff out the day after Thanksgiving and proceeded
to transform our home with all the sights and sounds
of Christmas.
Patrick's favorite part of the whole event was of course
Patrick's favorite part of the whole event was of course
putting the lights on the tree! Ok not really.
We had a great time though, and it is always so much
fun to see the Spirit of Christmas come alive in
the boys faces.
You can really see Brandon's
We have had our artificial tree since the
2nd year that we were married. I do miss
the smell of a real tree and the fact that
real trees don't look the same every year,
but I have enjoyed not having to go out in
the cold to pick one as well. I love our tree
though. Not because it is fake, but because
of the stories it tells. It is so sweet to
remember every event or person that is
represented in every ornament that hangs on
it's branches. It is fun to hear the boys talk
about their ornaments and ask questions
about the ones that they were too small to remember receiving. I love
looking at the ornaments that bring back memories of both good years
and bad alike, because they really represent Gods active work in our
lives. Whether He is blessing us, restoring us, or carrying us through
a tough time, our tree speaks that He is always with us.
I don't know if it is because we are going on our 12th year of marriage,
have 3 boys and a whole pack of amazing friends that are represented
on our tree, but I just had a real moment of gratitude as I looked at
the tree when it was finished this year.
God is so good. He is just so Good!



2 comments:
I love the picture of your boys covered in the tinsle decoration. Priceless! You have an adorable family.
You don't have a facebook page so I can't write on your wall and this will have to do. We received your Christmas card yesterday and it is WONDERFUL! You have so many fantastic pictures of your family from 2008!! Wow!!
Post a Comment